Dear Parents and Students
Welcome to Monmouth Comprehensive School
In our school we encourage everyone to have the highest expectations of themselves and each other as together we Learn to Lead our Lives.
We are proud of our students’ academic achievements. Just as importantly, we are a school that cares. We believe that students need to feel comfortable and secure in order to learn and, as a school, we put as much emphasis on creating a supportive and happy environment as we do on academic success. We achieve both.
I look forward to working with you to ensure the very best learning and life for the young people in our care.
out of school
13 members of the MCSBC squad were selected to represent the school at the National C...
Success for Tillie Westood (7PH), Maddie Francis (7PH) and Cameron Francis (7RW), com...
Well done MCSBC, 11 wins at Monmouth Regatta - a very successful weekend for all conc...
What is the Friends Association?
The Friends Association aims to bring together parents, staff, students and friends to create a community for our times at the heart of school life. The Association is not just another fund-raising PTA. Our aim is more ambitious: to work with the school to build a new home–school partnership, embedded in the wider community. The potential rewards are great – for those who lead, manage, teach and support learning at the school, for parents, and especially for the children. Our mission, based on the principles of mutual support and shared commitment to MCS, is to enable:
• A transformation of the school–parent relationship
• The opportunity for parents to be actively engaged in school life
• An information hub and forum – a bridge between parents and school
• Parent support and family learning opportunities
• A resource database of parent skills available to the school
• Fund-raising for specific causes
• Social functions for pupils, parents and staff
• Events of cultural interest to the school and public
• An integrated school community with active local links
How are we organized?
• The Association is financially independent and linked to the Monmouth Comprehensive Educational Trust (MCET), a registered charity
• We are an autonomous body run by committee, connected to the school
• We belong to the NCPTA membership body, which provides invaluable resources and support
• Monthly term-time meetings will always be welcoming and informal
• Email participation is encouraged – for we are a geographically dispersed community
• All parents/carers and friends are encouraged to sign up and participate
How can you get involved?
• Join the committee, either as a member or taking on an officer role
• Simply attend the monthly meetings – all parents/carers/staff are welcome
• Volunteer to help out at events or with organization
• Feed in ideas, suggestions or concerns – either by email or via the school